Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Q. What packages is Data Loss Prevention included in?
- Data Loss Prevention is included in the Business, Advance and Professional package.
Q. How is Data Loss Prevention enabled?
- Data Loss Prevention can be enabled or disabled on the Proofpoint Essentials features page.
- Data Loss Prevention is disabled by default.
- At present, only Proofpoint Admins and Proofpoint Staff can enable the DLP feature.
Q. Do the logs report on Scan information?
- No. Logs will only indicate which filter caught the message but it will not identify the Smart Identifier or Dictionary.
Q. Can a user see the terms included in the dictionary?
Q. Does Proofpoint Essentials support custom dictionaries?
Q. Is Data Loss Prevention available for customers on trial?
Q. How do I know Data Loss Prevention is enabled?
- On the Company Settings main page: Data Loss prevention will state "Active."
- Go to the Filters. When creating a filter, two new items appear:
- Smart Identifier Scan
- Dictionary Scan
Use the following links to learn more: