For additional questions, please see the DLP FAQ.
Creating a Filter that uses a Smart Identifier
- Once logged in, click on the Filters tab.
- Click on the Add New Filter button.
- Select the direction of mail flow that the filter should be applied.
- Enter a name for the filter and click on the "Continue to builder" button.
- Select the scope that the filter should apply to.
- Choose "Smart Identifier Scan" from the drop-down.
- Click the "Manage" link. A pop-up window will appear.
- Check the Smart Identifers that you wish to scan for. You may choose as many as you wish.
- Click on the Close button.
- Choose the appropriate action to take when the filter is identified. For example, select Quarantine.
- Click the Save button.
A smart identifier is a pre-defined regular expression used to locate specific content in an email such as a Credit Card number of Drivers License Number. There are 6 categories of smart identifiers:
Restrictive Social Security Number vs Social Security Number.
Restrictive only looks at the grouping for 3-2-4 SSNs. The standard rule looks for both grouping and consecutive 9-digits.