In our May 2015 release we have made significant improvements to our custom filter functionality. Changes range from minor (cosmetic improvements) to major (support for multi-conditions).
Here is a complete list of changes included in May 2015 release.
- Improvements to the filters view page
- Hidden organization and group filters from user view
- Users can no longer see organization and group filters in their filter view.
- Control over priority
- Administrators can now manually adjust filter priority.
- Improvements to filter creation page
- Support for creating filters with multiple-conditions
- New filter controls and options
- Hide Log
- Hide the email from both the quarantine digest and email logs across the entire organzaition, including administrators.
- Hide log from non admins
- Hide the email from both the quarantine digest and email logs for all end-users.
- Stop processing additional filters
- Stop email from being evaluated by additional filters.
- Require admin privileges to release
- Require an administrator to release the email from the quarantine.
- Override previous destination
- Change the previous destination of an email (e.g., quarantine, allow) to a new destination imposed by an administrator.
- Sender lists improvements
- Sender lists were introduced in a previously in order to help manage end-user safe and block sender lists.
- We have extended sender lists to both the organization and group levels.
- In addition we will automatically create entries for safe and blocked sender lists from existing inbound filters where the criteria matches the same logic (this will occur during the upgrade process).
For more information about filters please refer to our latest Administrator Guide. You can download it from our Partner portal or request the latest version from Support or your Channel Account Manager.
I appreciate any feedback on these or any other changes we have made to Proofpoint Essentials. Please don't hesitate to contact me directly.
Chris Moores, Product Manager