Whitelist IP to bypass Spam Filtering
If an email has been blocked by Proofpoint Essentials as a result of content we can ensure further delivery of these emails by whitelisting their IP address.
To whitelist an IP so that it is not blocked as a result of content:
- Click on Company Settings
- Click on Filters tab
- Click on New Filter button
- Choose a name for the filter (i.e., Whitelisted IP Addresses)
- Click on the Continue button
- Choose the proper scope for the filter
If you want the filter to be applied to everyone, leave scope = "Company".
If you want to target a specific individual or group of individuals, change the scope.
- Choose Email Headers from the drop-down list of options message elements
- Choose Contain(s) Any Of from the drop-down list of operators
- Type in the IP address that you wish to whitelist
You can enter more than 1 by separating values with a comma
CIDRs (x.x.x.x/x) are not supported
IP Ranges (x.x.x.x-y) are not supported
- Choose "Allow" from the drop-down list of actions.
- Click Save.
N.B. If you wish to add additional IP addresses at a later date, you can either edit this filter or create a new filter.
The creation of this filter will ensure that inbound emails from the IP address provided will bypass spam filtering. This action is the same as adding a domain or an email address to the Safe Sender List.