Adding a new domain to an existing organisation account
As the admin, adding a new domain is simple and quick to achieve in these steps.
- Go to Company Settings
- Go to the sub-heading Domains
- Click the New Domain button
- Enter a single domain in and press save
- Specify domain name exactly e.g. mycompany.com or mycompany.net do not use www or http:// text as it will be seen as invalid
- remember each domain is distinct
- wildcard sub-domains are not accepted
- A sub-domain is a separate line entry adding a new domain.
- Enter the primary SMTP destination server IP address where email to the newly added domain should delivered.
- Repeat steps 3 - 5 until done adding domains.
NOTE: please double check all entries before proceding as any errors my cause the loss of relayed email.
Enabling outbound relay
As you are setting up a domain, you may want to also see if you want to set-up outbound relaying at the same time. Please see these steps to go forward: