Proofpoint Essentials have implemented logic into our engines to help deal with the recent Dridex campaigns in which emails contain macro enabled attachments.
This could cause some legitimate outbound emails to be marked and quarantined as spam.
In order to resolve this situation, if you are sending outbound macro attachments we recommend that you create an outbound filter to allow sending of these emails.
To whitelist outbound emails so that attachments are not blocked:
- Click on Company Settings
- Click on Filters tab
- Click on New Filter button
- Choose a name for the filter (i.e. Whitelisted outbound attachments)
- Click on the Continue button
- Choose the proper scope for the filter
If you want the filter to be applied to everyone, leave scope = "Company".
If you want to target a specific individual or group of individuals, change the scope.
- Choose Attachment Type from the drop-down list of options message elements
- Choose IS and specify Other *Office Files
- Choose "Allow" from the drop-down list of actions.
- Click Save.
This filter will allow you to send outbound attachments that contain macro elements.